December 13, 2013

The Opposite Of Mediocre Is?

Imagine the loudest possible sound you can of somebody running into a glass door, without it actually breaking.
Now imagine me doing that :P
Unfortuantely, that is not the crazy bit. The crazy bit is, none of the four boys in my presence laughed after this happened. NOT ONE. *wipes tear*

(I would've definitely laughed if I saw somebody walking into a glass door, as I did a few months back when my mom walked into Hidesign's glass doors. Hehehehe. Karma is a bitch. Never take genetics for granted either. Just saying)

Either way, the point is, I'm a clumsy person. We all are. Everyday, I see somebody getting smushed between metro doors, trip on their saris, spill water on themselves while trying to not put their mouths to the bottle (ALWAYS -.-), and so on. Some of you guys are probably a little more in control of your physical selves. But I know that there are many more people like me.. the ones with the balance of a pregnant elephant doing ballet.

But clumsiness isn't just a state of physical being. If you had to widen the circle of this Venn diagram, you'll see 47683790218239632 number of bad decisions everyday. That's clumsiness too, right? You didn't measure the consequence of a choice correctly (look alliteration!), and so things didn't turn out quite the way you expected them to. That's alright. We all buy weird pants sometimes, or go out on dates with strange people (you, the one who scratched your crotch non stop, yes this is about you.)

Point is, what do we learn from it? Buy antiseptic powder, sure. Always take your mom along when you shop, yep. (Hi boys, it's cute when you do that. Hahahawhh). The thingmajig is, making the wrong decision is the only way you actually hardwire the learning into your brain. My dad's told me at least a bazillion times to check the handbrake before I leave the car, but I only started doing it after we woke up one morning to find the car randomly sitting in the middle of the road. (Our parking might be sloped :P)


As this year draws to an end, there's a bunch that I learn from my clumsiness. True, it might not have been the best of years (2010, COME MAKE LOVE TO ME AGAIN!).

But you know what they say right? When you hit rock bottom, you can't sink any further because then you'll be underground and that'll just be a weird saying. (Or something like that). Maybe your year was supercalifragilisticexpialidociously fantastic - you didn't have a single bad haircut, you got laid multiple times and your math problems really did end with an LHS = RHS. Maybe your year sucked stinky monkey balls instead. Or maybe, your year was just.. mediocre, and when you're old and looking back upon life, you won't remember 2013 at all.

Either way, for now, let's look back and laugh a little anyway. We're older. Maybe somewhat wiser. Maybe still walking into glass doors.

It doesn't matter, because it has already mattered when it was supposed to.
And if none of this makes you feel better, remember. We're the generation that survived the Mayans!

2 comments:

  1. I can't help, but curiously notice how one of the three "labels" for this post is "Mayans!"
    Anyway, have a better one next year Akanksha. I enjoy the "flow" in your mildly amusing writings.
    *Runs out to indulge in his own retrospection for the soon-to-be-bygone year 2013*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this! Thanks a ton, and I hope you're having a great year! :)

      Delete