February 25, 2015

Growing Up

It's strange how we start becoming fond of things the moment we realize we're going to lose them. College has been one such experience where I found myself cribbing 3 semesters out of 6, but now that it's about to end, I don't really see much of what I was cribbing about.

What is it about our minds that makes us so fickle? Or is it the comfort zone we cling on to, and mistake it for this sense of adoration? The idea of graduation scares me, because I have no idea where I'll go next. We tend to not realize this, but a chunk of the relationships we share with people are often based on the fact that you all are simply confined in a common area. 

So more than the fact that moving to a different city is scary because you don't know anybody, it's scarier because you know that things aren't going to be the same when you go back either. Casual hanging out will now turn into "Let's catch up!", and meetings that we once took for granted will now take an actual effort to execute.

You see, sometimes, homes have heartbeats. 


1 comment:

  1. But that's what the best part about life is............ a surprise...........things will begin to become clearer with time.................but this time will always have a soft corner in your heart..
    PS: same situation as yours

    ReplyDelete