June 3, 2011

days 2/3/4/5

Days 2/3/4/5


"Ohh! Written in the stars! A million miles away!"

Okay so I didn't update :S SORRY NA. My days have been PACKED here! Honest :O

So ever since monday (what day is it today? Thursday? Friday? Uhhh.), we've all been going to the Space Center Houston, here in Texas. And it's been the most fun time ever! Basically, we got split up into teams (I got Silver :D) and then we were all assigned tasks for each day. We were also given a budget of about $329 million (yeah) and then for every task, we got monaayyyyyy :D

First day we built land rovers, second day we chilled around and met the AWESOMEST guy ever, he was smart and Indian and a space scientist and I felt inspired :O yesterday we built landers (basically you built a lander, put an egg in it and drop it off from 40m, and if the egg didn't crack, then lots of moneyy. It's like grown up lego or something, you get to build stuff and test it out using wacky ideas, we love! :D

And today we built a rocket. Like, a rocket. Which we'll test out tomorrow. Then later on we hung out in the lounge and played live foosball (where people are the players), and baseball (I HIT THE BALL! Once.) and rock climbing and that flight simulator game (like the one in the iPad, but you actually sit in a shuttle and have all your controllers and you get tossed around like crazy!)

Pardon the geeky-ness, but all of this is SO fascinating! And it's not stuff you get to do really often. And it's NASA. So shut up, all you guys :P

I've also pretty much managed to boost America's economy by a couple of thousand dollars :P I mean, I've shopped so much, I had to buy two extra bags just to keep all of that stuff. I've raided Macy's and Banana Republic and Walmart and Best Buy and Toys R Us (Adi's birthday on 4th) and JC Penny and Apple (hehehehehe) and I LOVE THIS PLACE BAS :D

We have the coolest people here. I mean, there are some normal geeks who're always discussing stuff like velocity of things flying at blah height with that much thrust (why do they call it that? I always associate the wrong image with it :S) and all. Then there are lil ones who're always screeching around. Then there are wannabes.

I love wannabes <3

THEY'RE REALLY ENTERTAINING OKAY. I mean, there's this guy here who wears matching shades with EVERY outfit, I mean that takes effort! And lots of shades. And his earphones are always in his ears and he walks the bebop.

Give me one reason to not love this guy :P

OH OH OH I WENT SCUBA DIVING! If you haven't been scuba diving yet, you've not lived life. I mean, it's the most fun thing ever, JUST DO IT ALREADY YOU GUYS.

Tomorrow's our last day here, day after we'll leave for Orlando. I'm sorry if this was one long itinerary-post, I've seriously had zero time! We leave for the space center at 8.30 every morning, leave at 4ish, go to the mall or some tourist place and then return at 10. So tiriiing :O But absolutely worth it :D

Oh, and the best part?
Starbucks B)

Later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment