March 5, 2015

Rewind

I want to press the restart button. I want to go back in time, before I was a zygote, before 10 generations before me were zygotes. I want to be a commoner in a kingdom where I live my life in peace, without having to worry about my future, my life, my career. I want to live in a world free of worries, just me, a sunny field and an abundance of carefree. I want to chase dandelions and run around without worrying about getting objectified, kidnapped, butchered or raped. I would gladly be an extra on a Disney movie. I want to go back to a time when the rivers were clean, the ozone was intact, the air was sweet. I want to exist in a time when we weren't manipulated by advertisements and sales and discount offers. Nobody was rich, nobody was poor. Everybody was just a community living on barter. I want to dress simply, with no knowledge of high couture or fashion disasters. I want to be part of that world where there were no diets, no corsets, no fat-shaming, no fat promotion, nothing. I want to be where people can eat healthy because there was no such thing as processed foods and double fried pre-packaged items that slowly clog people's arteries and then make them buy treadmills that stare out of the same stationary view everyday. I want to run and laugh and play sports not because I have to drop 7 pounds, but because it's just what I do and there is nothing else to be done. I want to exist in a time when there were no cigarettes, and people who I love stopped this voluntary death sentencing. I want to go back to a time - there MUST have been a time - when women and men were equal and everybody could help each other out in their work instead of demarcating things unjustifiably.

I want to be part of a world where I don't need to run after money, fame, glamour or 24" waists. I just want to be a good human being, and want everybody to be okay with that.


1 comment:

  1. This utopian vision!!............makes me feel sad to live even a second after reading this..
    Amazingly written akansha..........

    ReplyDelete