June 26, 2010

Day 4 [25th june 2010]

Day 4

My grandfather has a collector's edition of Reader's Digest. This one's hardbound and contains all of them from 1965 to 1969. It's fragile, and I bet it must be really expensive, but I'm reading it anyway.
And it's an amazing experience.
The first thing that struck me was that in 1965, a Reader's Digest used to cost Rs. 1.75, and in 1966 it cost 2 rupees. Today, it costs Rs. 50.
Wow.
The advertisements are so much more different too! And the ads are about everything! There are well known brands like Listerine, Air India, Ponds, Johnson and Johnsons, Quink, Good Year, Phillips.. and their ads are so much more.. elegant. And refined. Like owning these things sets you apart from the other common people.
Oh, how we all love that feeling, don't we?
And they feature pictures of the Indian women, doe eyed and with a demure smile, or a healthy kid with a mischief twinkling in his eyes. Most of them are in black and white, with a hint of blue or red or yellow somewhere. Once in a couple of pages, there lies a burst of colour, usually a cadbury's or an affluent brand.
The paper's different too, not the matt gloss we have but good quality paper nevertheless (now yellowed, of course)

I love it! Despite being almost 45 years old, the articles are still worth reading, and the ads really make you take notice

And the usuals like Laughter in Uniform and Word Power were there since back then.

I really wish I could own something like this, it's absolutely amazing.

Lai la la la lai la la la lai la lai

We go to Jammu tom. I mean, our train's at 9 at night, we'll reach there by sunday at 6 morning, then we'll start climbing up the hill at around 10 or 11, and reach on top by evening. (I know, I was like, shiiiiite.)

Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down.

So yeah, I'm hoping my stomach will be fine by then. I (finally) took medicine today, and it reads that  it's for paediatric use, but I guess I don't need anything stronger than a very mild dosage.
Or I don't know. Because I've never had an upset stomach.
(I've been known for having the worst of food combinations and surviving)

Wakka wakka eh eh!

---

I took a bath and opened a new talc box (bottle? what is the container called?) and got so excited that i put too much of it and now I smell like a walking Ponds Talc Box/Bottle/Container. Heeh :D

So anyway, cousins came over. Ankur is such a pain in the ass -_- and now everybody knows about the fact that I simple cannot diss people.
Whaaaaat? I can't! Because I honestly don't care. You call me a moron and I'll most probably say whatever and move on.
(I read somewhere that whatever is a premature version of eff off. Haha.)

But it was fun having them over. These people most probably have the most whacked sense of humour ever, and yet they'll have you in splits :P

Anywaay. God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson.

Brazil against Portugal was a goalless affair. It was just sad. I MEAN DUDE? It made me go facepalm x 123482448912712497124

Check out this one thing called Bookstore on fictionpress. It's a one shot, but really sweet :)
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2325586/1/Bookstore

I WANNA DRINK LEMONADE.

Nice legs!
Daisy dukes!
Makes a man go!
*whistle* 

Chi 1 - 2 Esp 85 min

Okay bye.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment